If you have a domain name on name.com, but host your website somewhere else, then you need to point your nameservers to the web host. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Get the nameserver details from web hosting company.
- Log in to name.com and go to My Domains. There you will see the list of your registered domains. (Direct link – name.com domain list). Click on the domain name that you want to point to the web server. You can also edit nameservers directly from Quick Links option.
- Edit Nameservers from Quick Links – name.com
- Click Edit Nameservers option, +Add nameserver one by one and Save changes.
- Wait. Nameservers will eventually get updated. Your website will go live and start working after that.
Thus, you can change name.com nameservers to point domain name to different web host.